Beth Gates CV
Having recently graduated from the University for the Creative Arts in Farnham I am interested in where I can take my creativity and love of hot glass next. I have thoroughly enjoyed working in various hotshops gaining experience and knowledge and my desire is to expand these further and to learn the craft.
2018 - Emsie Sharp Glass- Studio Assistant
I worked with Emsie Sharp for a short while and in this time, I did an interview for the BBC. I helped to create works such as tumblers and wine glasses.
2018- Dawson’s Auctioneers – Saleroom Assistant
I worked for Dawson’s as a porter, researcher and Jewellery assistant on auction sale days.
2018- Adam Aaronson Glass Studio – Studio Assistant
Working at Adam Aaronson’s studio for 6 month in tandem with my University Degree I did a variety of jobs including helping to teach people to Glassblow, assisting production glassblowers and cold working student and production pieces.
2017- Peter Layton’s’ London Glassblowing – Assistant
Working for Peter Layton’s team helping with set up, assisting in the production process and helping the team when they needed equipment or refreshments.
2017- Collect: The International Art Fair for contemporary Objects – Volunteer
Working at the Saatchi Gallery for collect I assisted the crafts council team at the front desk., the box office and assisting exhibitors and galleries.
- Working in a hotshop including charging of the furnace and other maintenance
- Assisting Glassblowers with punties, colour rod pick up, colour drops, wraps, mould blowing and use of the Propane torch
- Various techniques learned and employed in the production of my own work. Visual details below
- Coldworking of Glass including use of a flat bed with various grades of grit and the use of Felt and cork wheels for Pumice and Cerium.
- Plaster Mould making and the lost wax process
- Kiln set up and programming
2019- New Designers: Part 1- Business Design Centre, London
2019- UCA Graduation Show- University for the Creative Arts Farnham, Surrey
2018- Crafts Study Centre, Farnham, Surrey
2016- Changing Lives; Travel, Migration and Mobility. River and Rowing Museum, Henley, Oxfordshire
2016-2019- University for the Creative Arts, Farnham- BA (Hons) Glass – 2:1
2014-2016- The Henley College, Oxfordshire - Extended Diploma in Art and Design – Distinction